The old Trigger home page, quite obsolete, can be
The LHCb Trigger has three levels:
- Level-0, a hardware level reducing the rate to 1 MHz in 4 μs
- Level-1, a software level using selected data, reducing the rate to
40 kHz with about 1 ms processing time.
- HLT, a software level running on the whole event, with an output rate up
to 2 kHz and 10 ms processing time.
Three projects (or sub-projects) are working together to provide the LHCb
- The L0 Project handles the hardware and software of the Level 0 trigger.
(sub-project of the Computing project) handles the
tracking and PID reconstruction both for Level-1 and HLT.
- The Trigger Project handles the selection and monitoring algorithms, and
optimize the working point of all triggers.
This page last edited by
Olivier Callot on
28 February 2006.